Abnormal discharge is very common in girls at the adolescent age In case, you are dealing with the problem then you should seek the help of the doctor. But, in some cases, the problem can trigger in women when they age. If you are one of them, then read the topic as we mentioned about it.
Pruritus Vulvae (itchiness of the vulva) is the most common cause of the abnormal discharge and vulvar soreness in adolescent girls. In the growing years, the body grows through different phases. Some changes are obvious which goes internally in the body. In the growing girls, many changes happen in the private parts which can be uncomfortable and unpleasant.
Some vaginal discharge is very normal and has bacteria in it which is essential for genital health. Along with that it keeps the area clean and provides lubrication. But, the type, color, and amount of discharge can be different and it might indicate some abnormal conditions. In adolescent girls the problem of itching in the vulva is common and with age, it can get thin and become delicate.
What are the Causes of Soreness?
- Poor hygiene can lead to irritation, itching, and soreness.
- Contamination with urine.
- Foreign body like toilet paper can lead to vaginal discharge which can trigger vulval irritation.
- Mechanical irritation because of itching, ill-fitting undergarments, and use of toilet paper.
- Chemical irritation from soaps, detergents, chlorinated water, and shampoo.
- Skin problems like atopic dermatitis, psoriasis, or seborrheic dermatitis present with vulvar symptoms which can lead to soreness & itching.
- Sexually transmitted problems like gonorrhea, trichomoniasis, and chlamydia.
- Viral infections like genital warts and genital herpes.
- Bacteria like Yersinia, Shigella, and E. coli can lead to infections that are non-sexually transmitted. It can lead to symptoms like soreness and discharge.
- Fungal infections like Candida can result in pruritus vulvae in prepubertal females.
- Worms like pinworms causing itching as they move to the vagina from anus.
- Getting aware of the problem is very important. A girl should be educated as to what changes she is going to experience in her body as she age and the reasons behind it.
- Proper hygiene is important like after urination or passing feces.
- Infections would need a course of medications.
- Do not wear undergarments which are tight as it can increase the irritation.
- Do not use soaps and chemicals when you clean the genital area.
- Topical creams are very effective.
In case you have any query then you should visit our sexologist Punjab to get the treatment.